Monday, February 25, 2008

EVAN'S HALF BIRTHDAY!!

Well, it's official...Evan is six months old today!!!  Where did all of those months go??  I keep telling him to stay little, but he's not listening to me!!  I must admit that I do enjoy each new stage that he is in, although I am starting to miss all of those "baby" stages already...  Here are some of the latest stats on our little guy along with some pictures from the last week...

*He is loving baby food!!  We're not feeding him a lot at this point since he is still doing great with the nursing, but he enjoys every veggie and fruit we've given him as well as oatmeal... I've even started to make homeade baby food and he really seems to like that...  
*He is now sitting up all on his own and loves to be standing up (when you're holding on to his hands).
*He's rolled a few times (both ways), but still prefers to stay on his back... He's not a tummy baby, so I think he'll be slow to crawl!!
*He still loves his Praise Baby DVD the best, but has also started to watch some Baby Einstein DVDs and enjoys them as well...
*We're working on teaching Evan some sign language so hopefully he will start picking up on that...  He's learning "mommy", "daddy", "eat", "milk", and "more" for right now...  We'll see how that goes...
*He loves to chew on his fingers, pacifier, or any toy that he can put in his mouth... And he is drooling all the time now!! We're thinking teeth are on the way soon....
*He loves to read books...  We've started to read more during the day, and each night we read Goodnight Moon right before bed....
*He is definitely showing preference to Mommy and Daddy now and frequently "puckers up" when someone else takes him...  He wants to be wherever I am during the day and doesn't like me to be out of his sight... So he moves around the house with me during the day depending on what room I'm in....

We just can't imagine life without Evan... He's such a joy!  Enjoy the pictures....

Doesn't he look like such a big man in his Notre Dame hat??
Loving playing in his exersaucer!
EVERYTHING is in his mouth now... And the drooling is out of control!!!   I keep thinking we're going to be seeing teeth soon, but I guess he's just not ready yet!!  
He now loves to play with his toes!  I was a little surprised he is this flexible considering his big belly :)
This month's picture in the crib was a little more difficult than previous months... He wants to be moving and grabbing at everything now...  But this was the first month that he was able to sit up all on his own!!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, I must say that I love all the new updates...you must have gotten your high speed internet! Evan is getting so handsome!! I love all the pics...we miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its true. Each stage is even more fun than the last. It would be nice if these stages lasted just a little bit longer though. He looks so happy and loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the new pictures. He is a handsome one! Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete