Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CRAZY BUSY BUT OH SO BLESSED!

Well, life has been NUTS!  In the midst of all the moving details and taking care of 2 littles and our home, I was overcome with emotion today and it hit me just how BLESSED I really am.  I had just helped out with Evan's swim classes during his preschool and was running errands with little Zoe before I went back to pick him up and heard Matthew West's "ONE LESS" on the radio (the first time I've heard it since we've been home with little Zoe).  And as I kept peeking at her in the rearview mirror sound asleep while I listened to the lyrics, I bawled.  Last year at this time, we were just praying and praying for our little girl somewhere in Ethiopia, not knowing who she was yet and just hoping and praying we would see her face soon.  And now...  she is HOME and such a true JOY.  I don't know if it's the emotions of moving, emotions relating to my 30th birthday tomorrow (EEEK!), emotions of her upcoming baby dedication at our church this weekend, or just the fact that I am a super-emotional person to begin with.   But as we are getting close to the one-year anniversary of Zoe's referral, I can't help but think about what a ride this past year has been and how far we've come. Adoption is SUCH a beautiful thing.  Such a true picture of bringing beauty from ashes.  My dear friend Rachel puts it so well in her latest blog post.   It's amazing how adoption has blessed me with so many true friends throughout the world (even those I've never actually "met" in person).  We had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with Rachel and Adam's little Kellen while we were in Ethiopia in October and I feel so blessed to call Rachel a friend.  Like Rachel says so beautifully,  "Zoe is an orphan NO MORE.  One less.  The adoption process may be mostly over, but really it's just the beginning for her and for our family.  But we aren't done.  There is so much more to do.  Use US Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment