Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No new news......

I SOOO wish I had some exciting news to share with all of my blog readers, but sadly I don't :(  As most of you know, the US Embassy requested some additional information/documents for our case on August 15.  Days and weeks have gone by, and our agency is still working on gathering the requested documents for re-submission (*sigh*).   We are currently waiting on one document to make it's way from the region where Zoe's birthfamily is from (far away from the capital city) to our agency so we can be re-submitted.  Once the documents are re-submitted, the US Embassy may request additional documents or take their sweet time processing our case.  Or we may be so lucky to be approved quickly after they receive the documents- OH HOW I PRAY THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!  Only a few families with are agency are at the same stage as us, and 3 of us are hoping and praying  we are approved close together and we get to travel together this next trip. 

With each passing day my heart aches more for my sweet girl.  Several families from our agency that were either right on track with us (timewise) or after us are already home with their children enjoying their new additions.  And as happy as I am for each of them, my heart aches for my baby even more and I long for her to be HERE with us instead of THERE in that orphanage.  She is now 10 months old and it's been 2 1/2 months since we've met her and fallen completely head over heels in love.  We've only gotten 1 picture of her since we left.  The waiting has been so EXCRUCIATING- much harder than I ever imagined.   But... as hard as it is... and as much as I am kind of an EMOTIONAL mess and always on the verge of tears these days... we will trust.  And I will do my very best to choose joy each day and trust that Zoe will be home in his PERFECT timing. And oh how I pray that is soon :)  

Thank you to each one of you who have supported us in so many ways along this journey.  The phone calls, emails, prayers, texts, financial support, emotional support....I could go on and on.  It has been such a blessing to be so loved and cared for during this journey and we feel so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family...  Please continue to pray our Zoe can come home soon to meet each and every one of you who have prayed for her and loved her from afar for so long!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! We are also a West Sands family (though Lifeline is our fascilitating agency) we are waiting to be submitted to the embassy, hopefully on wed, and are going crazy waiting to get back there!! is your daughter in the transition home at the guest house?

    ReplyDelete