Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stretched

God has really been stretching me in the past few days...  Yesterday I came across two blogs through links on other blogs I visit often... Both stories have captivated me to the point of reading/crying through them in every spare minute I have had...  I feel a part of their story through the words they have written...  I encourage you bloggers out there to visit these blogs and pray for both of these families... They need all the prayers they can get in these tough days ahead...  But a word of caution- These blogs WILL change you and stretch you.  They will make you hug your children a little tighter.  They will make you appreciate all of the blessings you have.  They will change your perspective.  And they will make you trust God differently.  I pray they touch your lives as they have touched mine...

The first blog is of a couple (Jon & Ali Feldman) who lost their precious baby girl only days after she was born.  Ali was my Resident Advisor (RA) at Indiana Wesleyan my freshman year.  She was a sweetheart and an amazing woman of God.  Sadly, I have not kept in touch with her through the years.  Until now....  I couldn't help but weep with her as she writes from her heart. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to lose a child...  The address is: www.feldmanbaby.blogspot.com

The second blog is about the Smith Family.  Todd (the father) is the lead singer for the Christian group, Selah.  Ironically, Drew and I went to a Selah concert when they were in Fort Wayne in February.  At the time, we had no idea that this family was in the midst of this struggle.  This family also lost their precious baby girl within the past month.  Angie writes so eloquently about what they have been going through in the last few  months.  What a ministry she has through her blog!  She writes that at one point, over 40,000 people were viewing their blog per day....  AMAZING...  The address is:  www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com

He never promises we won't go through tough times on this earth, but He does promise to be with us through it all....  What an amazing God we serve!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment