Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I Really Want For Christmas

This afternoon I've been doing a lot of praying and thinking while Evan naps.  I've been looking at the 4th stocking hanging on our fireplace without a name on it and wondering when that stocking will have a name and face to go with it.  I've been wondering how long we will wait to see our baby's face and whether or not she will be spending our next Christmas with us.  I've been thinking about names and dreaming about how wonderful it will be to see Evan love on his baby sister.  I've been dreaming about little pink clothes and how I plan to decorate her room.  And if I'm being honest, I've been having a little pity party for myself wondering why the list isn't moving as quickly as I'd like.  And then I came across this video and have been bawling like a baby.  There are soo many children who need families (over 5 million in just Ethiopia).


But the truth of the matter is, God is in control and He already has OUR CHILD chosen for OUR FAMILY.  She may or may not be born right now. He knows what the timing will be and He will give us the strength and patience to get us through this long and emotional process.  But sometimes it's just so hard.  Today is one of those days.  But even in these tough days, I pray that I will always be reminded that adoption is NOT ABOUT US.  It's about how we can serve HIM and in doing so, give these orphaned children a FAMILY (a perfect representation of how we are orphaned in sin and then adopted by Christ).  I definitely have a different perspective this Christmas.  I pray we can all take a step back in these next few days and really reflect on why we celebrate Christmas and give thanks for the gift of baby Jesus on that special day in Bethlehem so many years ago.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Mary was full of anticipation too. Because there are so many unknowns, I think the adoption journey lends itself to more anticipation than the traditional route..wouldn't you agree? Trusting the giver of gifts is a good place to be. Merry Christmas guys!!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary was full of anticipation too. Because there are so many unknowns, I think the adoption journey lends itself to more anticipation than the traditional route..wouldn't you agree? Trusting the giver of gifts is a good place to be. Merry Christmas guys!!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete